A quick tip. When you try and upgrade a Magento2.0 site, sometimes you get the dreaded “Check Component Dependencies” error. The worse iteration is when there is no additional information available on the screen as to WHAT exactly is causing the error.
Silva Tech Solutions LLC is proud to announce the availability of our Tealium Data layer consulting services. Tealium is the industry leader in data layer integration and management. Tealium does provide a vanilla Magento plugin that covers roughly 10% of the Magento data layer. It is up to the Magento […]
We recently had a very strange php SOAP issue that cropped up right after an upgrade to PHP on a development server took place. It was a basic SOAP call to Fedex webservices that had always worked before.
Quick Tip if you are setting up your Magento hosting at Nexcess and configuring your SMTP mail settings IF you are running an external mail service (ie: Gmail/Office/etc).
Quick Tip we are keeping for later use. We love Amasty’s Custom Order Attributes Plugin but we couldn’t find a clean method on how to setup the order attributes for later warehouse and/or data processing after the order had been generated. Listed below is a snippet of code that is […]
Having tackled all of the performance issues you can without making major code changes (See Previous Article), its now time to get “into the weeds” a bit with Magento and resolve some of the other issues that PageSpeed is reporting.
As anyone in the ecommerce industry knows, your search-engine organic traffic is incredibly important. Organic traffic from Google is tied not only to your content, but also to the performance of your website. Performance based factors affect how a user will perceive your website on both the desktop and more […]
A few years ago, we wrote a module that would monitor checkout activity ( article) on checkouts and then apply certain business rules based on observations (ie: ban the session after x attempts of a credit card checkout). Another fit of fraudulent activity has started, but for some reason it […]
We had a spare product that we used in a previous bundle for a sale, but had lost track of it. We wrote a quick and dirty script, to parse through all of our bundles, to find if that product still exists in the bundle.
While working on a new Magento 2 site, we were trying to customized a menu item to display the current number of items in a user shopping cart, dynamically. For some reason the code was working properly and then suddenly stopped when we added a new patch. The error we […]